As a Dallas Newborn Photographer, safety has always been at the top of our priority list, but now more than ever, in light of COVID-19, we want to ensure our studio policies keep our newest members and their families safe. Your little bundle of joy is precious and we understand that they won’t be this little for long, so you want a professional newborn photo session to capture this wonderful time while keeping your little one safe. We pretty much normally do all of these things anyway, just an extra level of caution will be added. Below are a few guidelines for our studio:
-No shoes in the studio
-Immediate family only
-Masks will be worn by me at all times
-72 Hours in between each studio session so we can properly sanitize all props, fabrics and surfaces
-Wash hands consistently
Want to know how to prepare for your newborn session?
Below are a few tips that I give to all of my moms to help make your newborn portraits go a little smoother.
We ideally would love for your baby to be asleep during the session. With your baby asleep, we can pose and manipulate them easier and more safely as when they are awake they tend to move and startle out of their poses. The session will also take much less time!
1) Try to keep your baby awake for about 60-90 minutes before the time of the shoot so they will be nice and sleepy. The best way I know of to do this is to give them a bath before you leave or feed.
2) Feed your baby right before you leave to head over to the studio. Feeding them right before you arrive will help ensure that baby is full and asleep when you get here. You can also feed right when you arrive. Do your best, obviously they don’t always follow our timeline!
3) When you feed your baby, leave them in only a diaper and just wrap them in blankets to keep warm. This will ensure that when they arrive asleep, we don’t have to wake them up by undressing them and can just get started. Or just do a zipped up sleeper that doesn’t have to come off over the head.
4) Bring extra food in case they are hungry. Often times they just need a little top off and they fall right back asleep. If you bring a bottle I will feed them for you. A pacifier will also help this problem if they just need a little comfort even if you don’t plan on using one, it will help just for the session.
5) Babies have a hard time regulating their body temperature and are very sensitive to heat and cold. Portraits typically require baby to be naked or just in their diaper and your baby will become fussy if they’re cold. Therefore the room is heated to allow your baby to be comfortable.
Newborn sessions usually last 2-3 hours in total, depending on how long it takes your little one to fall and stay asleep.
We can’t wait to plan your session and meet your new baby!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Specialized as a Dallas Newborn Photographer, with a Bachelor’s of Science in Interior Design, I have the unique talent to create stunning art for you, your home, and for your future great-grandchildren. My work has received multiple honors, including Expertise 20 Best Newborn Photographers in Dallas, Photography Magazine’s Top Texas Newborn Photographers of 2016 2017 and 2018, Thumbtack Best of 2015 & 2016 & 2017, featured and dubbed the Baby Whisperer of North Texas by NBC5, and published several times with the International Association of Newborn Photographers and Professional Photographers of America.
Ready to get started?
I only photograph a select number of portraits every month to ensure you receive the personalized service you deserve.
Contact me today to schedule your complimentary consultation to start the planning process!
BOOK YOUR SESSION NOW:
If you are ready to book your session you can pay your session fee in our shop. After your session fee is paid you will schedule your consultation with Jessica. We can’t wait to plan your dream session!
Want to see us in action? Watch a behind the scene look at one of our multiple portrait sessions featured on NBC5 by clicking here.
Frisco Texas Newborn Photographer | Dallas Newborn Photographer |
The Colony Newborn Photographer| North Texas Baby Whisperer